September 6, 2019

 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

SPEED & DISTRACTED DRIVING ENFORCEMENT CAMPAIGN TO FOCUS ON NEWPORT PELL BRIDGE

 

 

JAMESTOWN, R.I. – To address the necessity for reduced speeds during Phase II of the Newport Pell Bridge road deck project, The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) would like to inform the motoring public that beginning the week of September 9th RITBA will be partnering in a multi-agency speed and distracted driving enforcement campaign with local and state police. This enforcement campaign will focus on the Newport Pell Bridge.

 

As part of the operation, law enforcement will focus on citing drivers exceeding speed limits posted on Newport Pell Bridge as well as driving distracted. Throughout the duration of the road deck project the speed limit has been reduced to 25 mph on the bridge. Law enforcement will use a two-pronged speed trap approach. Marked and unmarked vehicles will be used to set up speed traps and pull over speeders & distracted drivers.

 

“Speed is showing to be a major issue on the Newport Pell Bridge during the road deck project. We’re deploying this campaign for one reason, safety; safety for motorists on our roads, and for maintenance and construction workers on the bridge. We ask motorists on the bridge to please be aware of your speed, and conform to the speed limit at all times” stated Buddy Croft, Executive Director at The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority.

 

###

 

 

FOR A COPY OF THE RELEASE CLICK HERE

 

 



 

 

 
 
 

 

Connect with RITBA - www.ritba.org

FacebookTwitter

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

RDW Group | 125 Holden Street, Providence, RI 02908 www.rdwgroup.com

Unsubscribe This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Update Profile | About Constant Contact

Sent by This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in collaboration with

 

Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

Try email marketing for free today!

 
 
 

 

American troops are heading to the Middle East. President Trump approved a deployment of troops to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates after the attack on Saudi oil facilities. Secretary of Defense Mark Esper says forces will primarily focus on air and missile defense, adding Saudi Arabia requested the support.        President Trump is looking for nothing less than a complete deal with China. Trump told reporters at the White House that the U.S. is raking in billions of dollars from China in the form of tariffs. Trump insisted that China is "being affected very badly" by the ongoing trade war with the U.S.        Stocks are finishing the week lower after Chinese trade negotiators cut a U.S. visit short. The three major indexes were nearing new record highs before the news broke. The delegation was in the country for talks that were expected to lay the groundwork for high-level negotiations next month.        Two Democratic presidential candidates are heading to Detroit. Reuters reports Senator Elizabeth Warren and Senator Bernie Sanders plan to meet with striking General Motors workers. Warren is scheduled to be with the workers Sunday while Sanders will join them Wednesday.        The New England Patriots are letting go of Antonio Brown. The wide receiver played in just one game for the Patriots after being released by the Raiders. Brown has been making headlines due to an accusation of sexual assault by a former trainer and sending intimidating texts to another woman.        The University of Kansas is reportedly going to receive a notice of allegations against the school's men's basketball team. The Kansas City Star reports the school is among those being investigated by the FBI for running a pay-to-play recruiting scheme. A former Adidas employee testified last year that he made payments on behalf of the athletic company to a Jayhawk player's mom.