CITY OF WOONSOCKET
December 27, 2019
Rubbish and Recycling Holiday Pickup Schedule
On Wednesday January 1, 2020 in the observance of New Years Day the Woonsocket Material Recycle Facility will be closed and there will be no trash or recycling collection.
Curbside pick-up for trash and recycling for January 2nd through January 3rd will be delayed by one day.
TRASH and RECYCLING WINTER TIME COLLECTION
Residents are reminded that wintertime weather may delay trash and recycling collection services. Every effort will be taken to ensure prompt service however if the roadways should become a safety issue for the rubbish trucks then collection would be delayed to the following day.
Accumulated snow on sidewalks may also hamper the rubbish collection service. To ensure curbside pick-up, please shovel an area that will allow the trash and recycling carts to sit level. Cart covers should be closed preventing snow from adding to the weight of the waste.
The placement of your cart is important, since the collection vehicles lifting arm requires clearance: 3 feet on all sides and 12 feet overhead. The carts should be no more than 3 feet away from the curb or road edge, and the arrows on the lid must be pointing toward the street, with the hinges facing away from your street. Your GREEN recycling cart should be placed at least 3 feet from your BURGUNDY trash cart.
Place carts curbside on your collection day by 7 am.
Superintendent of Solid Waste
- 17 January 2020 North Smithfield Weekly Newsletter
- 17 January 2020 This Week at the RI General Assembly
- 17 January 2020 State House Meeting on Medical Marijuana Bill
- 16 January 2020 Bellingham Senior Center Notes
- 16 January 2020 RIPTA’S Winter Service Changes Posted
- 16 January 2020 Whitehouse Statement on Opening of Impeachment Trial
- 16 January 2020 Speaker Mattiello releases statement on governor’s budget proposal
- 16 January 2020 Woonsocket City Hall Extends Public Hours
- 16 January 2020 WPD Nabs Suspect in Multiple Robberies with Good Policework
- 15 January 2020 Water Outage in North Smithfield