SBA to Announce Dr. Daycare as SBA Legacy Business at Ceremony
with Senator Reed and Rhode Island General Officers
PROVIDENCE, RI – On Wednesday, August 30 as a part of its 70th anniversary celebration, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will present its Legacy Award for Rhode Island to Mary Ann Shallcross Smith, owner of Dr. Daycare. For decades, Mary Ann has not only been a member of the Rhode Island small business community, but a staunch supporter and advocate for it. Her commitment to excellence will be celebrated at this event.
Joining the SBA Rhode Island District Director at the ceremony will be Senator Reed, Lt. Governor Matos, and Speaker Shekarchi. After remarks are made, a presentation of the 70th anniversary award will be made to Mary Ann in recognition of her achievements.
WHEN: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, at 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: Dr. Daycare – 1201 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI 02818
- Honorable Jack Reed, United States Senator (Rhode Island)
- Honorable Sabina Matos, Lieutenant Governor, State of Rhode Island
- Honorable K. Joseph Shekarchi, Speaker of the House (Warwick D-23)
- Kathy Orovitz, President & CEO, Navigant Credit Union
- Mark S. Hayward, Rhode Island District Director, SBA
- Honorable Mary Ann Shallcross Smith, Owner, Dr. Daycare