YWeb CAREER ACADEMY (YWeb)
A PRE-APPRENTICESHIP EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM THAT IS IDEAL FOR WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR TO BECOME WEB DEVELOPERS/DESIGNERS AND TECHNOLOGY EXPERTS IN HIGH-TECH MANUFACTURING AND OTHER IN DEMAND JOBS. We help students prepare for high-wage, high skilled jobs.
IT’S FREE REGISTER ONLINE NOW!
COHORT 1 Starts in October. APPLY TODAY! Limited enrollment and IT'S FREE
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 4-6PM VIA ZOOM small-based hands on web project assignments
- Friday 9-2PM VIA ZOOM large based hands on web project assignments
- UP to 10 hours of self-study weekly
- UP to 15 hours of supportive activities including financial planning, work readiness skills, self-care, job search, and connection to employers offered at 43 Hawes Street, Central Falls and online.
YWeb Class enrollment requirements
- Must Be 18 years of age or older
- Must Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must Be able to pass a drug test – we test!
- Must Want to go to work in high-tech manufacturing industries and other in demand jobs.
- Must Have a 6th-7th grade English language reading and writing ability.
- Must be unemployed or earning a low wage
- Limited to individuals who have NOT obtained a 4-year college degree
Overview of the Class Structure
- Receive an introduction to job expectations/workplace culture
- Assistance in creating a resume
- Referral to support services
- Gain hands-on experience working alongside skilled instructors
- Build you own on-line portfolio
- Gain financial planning, work readiness and self-care skills
- Access to employers
HELP AFTER GRADUATION
Upon graduation, YWCA career counselors assist YWeb graduates with their job search and application to apprenticeship training programs or jobs. YWCA career counselors also provide individualized employment counseling throughout the entire course of the graduate’s career.
WE DRUG TEST
YWCA’s pre-apprenticeship program complies with the industry standard of zero tolerance for drug use. This includes marijuana. The YWCA conducts random drug tests during the period class is in session. If you test positive at any time, you will be dismissed from class and asked to re-enroll at a different time when you are able to pass the drug tests.
The Mission of YWCA Rhode Island is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice freedom and dignity for all.