When indoor movie theaters closed during the pandemic and have since postponed opening, or like CW Theaters at the Lincoln Mall which reopened and then closed due to the lack of new movie releases; drive-in theaters, including the Rustic Tri-View Drive-In Theater in North Smithfield, have been selling out. Think about it, if you have to watch a movie from the 80s, the drive-in is the perfect place for those retro movies.
In support of local culture, Rustic will host the Museum of Work and Culture and RI International Film Festival (RIIFF) event Ciné Québec tonight at 8 pm. More Info.
RIIFF will also utilize Rustic Tri-View Drive-In for its 24th Festival Finalé Screening & Double Bill on Tuesday, August 11th, which will feature 8 films including "Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story" about the prolific writer and environmental activist. More Info.
Drive-in theaters are not the only places taking advantage of the “drive-in” feature. Locally, the City of Pawtucket Parks and Recreation Department got creative with the drive-in concept by hosting their first outdoor concert music series using school parking lots. While the performers are on a stage set up in the lot, cars are spaced out and you can enjoy the music by sitting in front of your car or staying in the car and tuning into local radio. Concerts continue Thursday nights through August. More Info.
Saturday, August 8 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - Museum of Work and Culture is open for tours by appointment. More Info.
- Saturday, August 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - Looff On Tour, Outdoor Arts Festival/Open Studio Tour - East Providence Arts. More Info.
- Now - September 25 - 2020 National Show Exhibit at Rhode Island Watercolor Society, Pawtucket More Info.
- Sunday, August 16 @ 1:00 - 4:00 pm - Toys From the Attic Exhibit, Hearthside House, Lincoln. More Info
- Sunday, August 16 @ 5:00 - 8:00 pm - Assembly of Food Trucks, Assembly Theatre, Burrillville. More Info.
- Monday, August 31 - 15th Annual Blackstone Valley Heritage Golf Tournament. Enjoy a day of golf to raise funds for our youth environmental programs. More Info & Register.
- August 31 - September 13 - Pawtucket/Central Falls Restaurant Weeks. More Info.