North Smithfield --
Monday October 3rd begins the Town of North Smithfield’s curbside yard waste pick up season. Yard waste is collected on the same day as your trash and recycling, but in a separate collection truck. This is done so we can reuse this material. All yard waste we collect is shredded and processed into compost.
Because of this, yard waste must be in brown biodegradable lawn bags or loose in cans that are clearly marked. Small bundles of branches under 3 feet in length and 2 inches in diameter are also allowed. But, plastic bags are not allowed. If plastic, trash, dirt, or stones are mixed in, it will contaminate the compost process.
We encourage our residents to take advantage of the pick-up weeks. Not only is it easier for you, it’s better for our town. Yard waste collected at your home gets transported directly to RIRRC compost area in Johnston. This is a great savings for our town. All yard waste brought to the highway garage needs to be moved, loaded and separately trucked to the landfill, costing additional transportation fees as well as time for our town workers.
Make your leaf raking and garden winterizing a little less tiresome. Have us pick up those lawn bags so you can spend more time enjoying this fall season. Our collection season will continue from Monday October 3 - Friday December 2, 2016.
For additional information contact 767-2200 x 345.
North Smithfield --
- 22 January 2018 City Council Posts Agenda for January 22nd Regular Meeting
- 22 January 2018 City Council Workshop Before Meeting Tonight
- 05 January 2018 RIPTA Busses Roll Again
- 04 January 2018 Lt. Gov. Dan McKee to Introduce Legislation to Improve Power Company Response
- 04 January 2018 Audio Book Download Instructions Free at the Library
- 04 January 2018 Tea Party at the Library
- 04 January 2018 Christmas Tree Curbside Pickup Schedule Announced
- 04 January 2018 Ice Is Safe for Skating at Woonsocket's Bernon Park
- 04 January 2018 Storm Affects Woonsocket Trash Collection
- 04 January 2018 Sensory Friendly Story Time at the Library